Thursday, December 21, 2006

Have any presents you want to trade? ;)

I remember when I was a kid I used to get lot's of those metal cars and I always loved playing with them, I never had enough I didn't have the large selection of cars I wanted to have I have always wanted to go back to my younger years and play with cars. now that I grew up (at least I think so) I still love to play with cars but now it's the bigger cars.

Anyway, I am looking to buy little toy cars for my son who loves to play with cars too and I would like to buy him a large selection of cars, Motorcycles , trucks, and trailers. Does anyone know of a good place when I can get them, either online or in store. I looked around but all I see is those cheap plastic cars.

Thanks for any tips you can share.

8 comments:

yingerman said...

everything is made in china
so thats what youre gonna get,
CHEAP!

A Heimishe said...

When I was a little boy Getty gas stations gave out toy cars and I always asked my father to buy fgas there so he can bring me more of those cars. I wish Getty would still give them out :)

Sara with NO H said...

I know the the boys in my family always played with Hot Wheels growing up. But they were so cheap when I was a little girl and now they're more like collectors items. I'm sure you can still find Hot Wheels though. Try Ebay. Search for "Hot Wheels Lot" or something like that. Otherwise I can only suggest Toys R us. I'm sure they still carry them in some form. You'll never find toys as sturdy as the ones you had when you were a kid though. People actually used to take the time to make nice sturdy toys for kids at 1/8 of the cost of todays and 10x the quality. In 30 years people will still be looking for those metal hot wheels.

A Heimishe said...

That's exactly right, toys today are not made as strong as they used to be.

If you can't make a big buck on the item then it won't be manufactured in the US.. and when it's not made in the US then it's made cheap..

Sara with NO H said...

I just looked and Hot Wheels has a website even though I didn't really check it out. Just hotwheels.com I remember hot wheels having the coolest set ups for the cars. you could make roads and the cars would go around on them like a roller coaster lol. I love this stuff

A Heimishe said...

Thanks Sara, If that would only be around when I was a kid.. just looking at the site it makes you feel like a kid again.

Y.Y. said...

i loved toy cars when i was a kid

A Heimishe said...

I still love (toy) cars.